Welcome to Podcasts, as seen in Bruce McFarland's column in the October 2006 Magazine of Santa Clarita
Steps to capturing and playing podcasts:
- Download and install a podcatcher (I used the WNYC Podcatcher click here to go there).
- Go to the feed directory tab and select some programs to subscribe to. (if you have a URL of a feed that isn't listed, you may enter it).
- Go to the subscription tab and check the episodes you want to download and click on the download icon.
- Find the download directory (look in preferences - under file on the podcatcher menu) and then open up Windows Explorer and go there. Then you can drag the episode you want to listen to to your mp3 player or just double click on them to play them on your computer.
Here are some links to podcast info:
Here's some interesting links you can download without a podcatcher. Just right click on the file and save it to your computer and then drag it to your mp3 player or double click on it to play it.
Here's mp3 files some from "A Way with Words"
Here are some mp3 files from Amy Goodman's Democracy Now
- Friday, September 15th, 2006 Headlines for September 15, 2006 Outlawed: Extraordinary Rendition, Torture and Disappearances in the 'War on Terror' Torture Taxi: On the Trail of the CIA's Rendition Flights Jail Time For Journalists: The Government Crackdown on Reporters
- Thursday, September 14th, 2006 Headlines for September 14, 2006 African-American Minnesota Legislator Keith Ellison Slated to Become First Muslim Elected to Congress Former Texas Governor Ann Richards Dies at 73 One Year On, Katrina Evacuees in Houston Face Unemployment, Lack of Health Care and Dwindling FEMA Assistance Singapore Bars Activists From Entering Country During IMF-World Bank Meetings
- Wednesday, September 13th, 2006 Headlines for September 13, 2006 Primaries Held in Nine States The Republican Plan for Dominance in the 21st Century FCC Commissioner Michael Copps Discusses New Report That Shows U.S. Falling Behind Rest of World in High-Speed Internet Access
- Tuesday, September 12th, 2006 Headlines for September 12, 2006 The Inside Story of Spin, Scandal, and the Selling of the Iraq War
- Monday, September 11th, 2006 Headlines for September 11, 2006 Sept. 11, 2001 at the Firehouse: Democracy Now! Broadcasts Blocks From Ground Zero on 9/11 EXCLUSIVE...9/11 Debate: Loose Change Filmmakers vs. Popular Mechanics Editors of "Debunking 9/11 Myths"
- Friday, September 8th, 2006 Headlines for September 8, 2006 New Yorkers Tell Federal Officials To Stop Ignoring 9/11's Health Effects Civilian Casualties, Civilian Solutions: Family Members of 9/11 Victims Spearhead Movement Against War and Violence Satyagraha 100 Years Later: Gandhi Launches Modern Non-Violent Resistance Movement on Sept. 11, 1906
- Thursday, September 7th, 2006 Headlines for September 7, 2006 Court Hearing on Suit Filed by Iraq Veterans Contaminated with Depleted Uranium Against U.S. Military As CIA Detainees Transferred to Guantanamo, President Bush Acknowledges Secret Prisons Study: 70 Percent of 9/11 Responders Suffer Lung Ailments Darfur Violence Intensifies as Deadline for Withdrawal of AU Peacekeepers Looms
- Wednesday, September 6th, 2006 Headlines for September 6, 2006 Mexico Court Declares Calderon Winner of Disputed Election, Lopez Obrador Vows to Form Parallel Gov't Father Recounts Burning Marine Van and Himself After Learning of Son's Death in Iraq Robert Fisk on Lebanon: "The Ceasefire Can't Work"
- Tuesday, September 5th, 2006 Headlines for September 5, 2006 Rebuilding Lebanon: Residents Struggle to Cope with Destruction Robert Fisk on His Interview with Former Iranian President Khatami, Why "The IDF Could Not Protect the People of Israel" and More
- Monday, September 4th, 2006 We Shall Overcome: An Hour With Legendary Folk Singer & Activist Pete Seeger
- Friday, September 1st, 2006 Headlines for September 1, 2006 We Will Not Be Silent: Movement Grows to Challenge Racial Profiling at Airports Jazz Legend Charlie Haden on His Life, His Music and His Politics